Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Eye Doc

Another pleasant--and problematic--day.
Picked up Aline at 10:30 and took her to her 11:00 Horizon Eye Care (same as mine).  It's right across from Shop-Rite, so I did some shopping after dropping her.  Got back in 45 minutes and was surprised to see she hadn't even been called in yet.  Left her and went to the dollar store in the same shopping center.  Back in about twenty and she was still in the waiting room.
Now at this point, I'd have been ranting and raving and my mild little friend actually did protest--mildly--that she had been waiting a long time.  I don't want to drag this out, but here's the lowdown and the upshot: We were told doc had to do a procedure (what, it wasn't scheduled?) that took longer than usual; finally Aline went in for her (routine) exam, which took a fair amount of time, then she had to pick out frames, and so on and so forth.  We got outta there at 1:20, fer cryin' out loud, more than two hours later!
But...the receptionist was very nice--she remembered me from when I got my cataracts out, which tells you something--and glory be, had a sense of humor, so I simmered down.  Plus, I was able to peruse several copies of Wine Spectator while I waited; the pictures of Napa Valley made me yearn for California and for a nice glass of Chardonnay, but in a sweet, melancholy way, and I forgot to be mad.
Finally finished, we went to the Stafford Diner for lunch and Aline insisted in treating me--damn, I should have gotten something for more than $7.25 (joke!)--because we had to wait so long.  This time, I allowed her to pay, partly because I know it made her feel better.
We then went to nearby Wal-Mart, after that Dock Road to see the water, and were home by 4:00.  Elva B. called to tell me Channel 6 had a segment on about Lily's death, and we chatted.
Other than all that stuff, 'twas just an ordinary day in an ordinary life.
  

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...