Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"Acting for Everyone"

My "Acting for Everyone" course turned out to be a big hit!
I welcomed a class of ten women, some of whom I already know from Players & Playwrights; the only male who registered didn't show.  Adele C., who runs the program, introduced me, asked me to fill out an IRS form, then left.
I started off with asking participants why they were taking the course--pretty standard stuff--then got into more depth.  I don't want to list the whole program--we met from 10 to 11:30--but it included improv.  I had written out various situations and had each choose one blind, then they had to speak for three minutes on it.
(Sample: You're in a hotel room in Manahattan, look out the window, and see a man on a ledge about to jump.  Talk him down.) I had them do a lot of other things, too, and before ending, I asked them each to pick (also blind) a poem I had printed out.  They're to recite it--and use acting skills--at our next meeting.
After, Aline and I went to view the water in Longport--spectacular waves smashing against the rocks and wouldn't you know, I didn't have my camera.  We then went to Outback for lunch, after stopping at Produce Junction, where I succumbed to the notorious Buy Fever and got several pumpkins and an ornamental pepper. That got us to the movie theatre at 3:30, where we saw Girl Gone. Pretty good, but a bit long.
Didn't get home until 6:30 and, boy, was I beat.  Susan called to say she or Walter would take me home from the dentist's on Monday, but I don't think that will be necessary, considering I'll probably have only Novocaine, not a ga-ga drug.        

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Your class sounds like so much fun; I'd love to be in it.

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...