Thursday, September 21, 2023

Wednesday

Bunch of stuff going on.  I got the thirty-one dollars left on my OTC tab ordered and worked on designing a personalized door mat as a gift, but am having problems with it. Re-contacted the Agency on Aging, re Jim, and got to a guy named Joshua (that's Stella's sons name, also). After getting some information, he said a rep (social worker) would visit Jim to assess his needs and condition. Called Jim to be sure it was all right with him; no answer, and I left a  message. 

I then left to walk to the Hill Street library and was there when Jim called back. To my relief, he was not only okay with having someone come, he was enthusiastic and thanked me several times. I cautioned him that this would be an evaluation, and just the first step to getting him the services he needs. To my surprise, Jim told me he had attended a meditation meeting and Diane was there. I'm not sure if this is the one she semi-conducts or not, but later she texted me about Jim being there. I was meeting with Jasmine at the time (see the following), so said I'd call her later. Ellen also called while I was there, then called me back after dinner. She and Greg are expecting their friends from Austria to visit in two weeks and will stay with them. 

As for Jasmine--without going into all the ins and outs and so on, it seems I somehow owe SO-FI $110.59, seventy-five of which is a late fee. Jasmine went over the whole thing with a print out and notes and I lost track completely. Incredibly, this had been settled--I thought--a year ago, but without going into detail, it seems it wasn't. I got the strong impression that the last manager was at fault for not keeping up with the stuff, but who knows? Jasmine asked if I'd like to speak to the new manager, still not on-site; she called her and I did. I suggested she skip the last fee, just on a customer relations basis, but she said she couldn't and, to be honest, I didn't really care. I immediately walked across to Von's and got a money order for the full amount. In truth, I think I did somehow screw up the utilities thing ("Conservice"). To avoid anything in the future, I'm finally giving up with the automatic payment via BOA and will use Rent Cafe, instead.

The above reads as if my session with management was just a mild misunderstanding, soon remedied,  but it wasn't. I was furious when I went into Jasmine's office and raised my voice several times. At one point, I called it a f-ing something or other--oh, yes, I use that word on occasion. Later, when it was resolved and I calmed down, I told Jasmine I had retired as employment manager at a university in Jersey and I think her customer relations skills are superb. Being more or less the target of my harangues, she might have, as I think most people would, react with anger and that would be the end of any coming together of minds. But she didn't, always remaining calm and courteous until I simmered down.  But enough of this boring business stuff; here's some important news:

The other day, I found this little guy in a shop downtown. Could I resist? Certainly not, with Halloween around the corner. I have him in the living room to greet visitors, the blue shawl for modesty. When I had Suzanne and Vickie over on Monday, they were thrilled make his acquaintance--I think... 

Lunch with Lisa today--should be interesting.

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...