Friday, September 08, 2023

Thursday

Dealt with a few more of those annoying concerns with credit cards and so on, but got everything straightened out. Later, I cancelled my membership in Asurion, the computer place, and will get a refund for half the month.

Packed a lunch and left about 11:30. Tokyo son had asked me to send a package to him, which he had had sent here, so I walked to the P.O. to send. From there, I walked to the bank, then to The Market and Wal-Mart, so I guess I got two in, anyway.  Ate my lunch in the pleasant, grassy alcove between two office buildings; it has a nice fountain, foliage, tables and umbrellas, and I enjoy it. Bused home.

We who were in the  the cast of After All This Time have maintained a text thread and I was pleased to see that Christine (who played the snippy boss) invited us all to another party. It will be next Saturday, the 16th, at 2:00 pm; she and George live in Santa Paula near Ken, so I hope he comes, too. They'll make chicken, but otherwise, it will be a covered dish. Think I'll make a dessert--maybe chocolate chip cookies. 

I'll be in in Santa Paula the next day, also, with Diane and possibly Dusty, too, to see Circle Mirror Transformation at the Santa Paula Theatre, also at 2:00. Sounds intriguing. 

Speaking of annoying: I rarely use checks, but am coming to the end of mine, so I went onto Wal-Mart's website to order more. After twice filling in all the requirements (routing number and so on), the "order" page just doesn't come up. Okay, they've lost my thirteen dollars and they'll be sorry! 

T.O.P.S. today and doctor's appointment at 3:30. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...