Friday, September 29, 2023

Thursday

The Access Van took me to Miramar ophthalmologists for my  9:15 appointment. Dr. Trotter's staff did the check-in, drops, and eye chart things, then he came in, examined my peepers, and sees no need for concern at this time. Quite a relief.

 I had taken my cart and after the above, went over to The Market and picked up a big cauliflower and spectacularly big and beautiful mushrooms. Home, stowed the goods, then went over to Von's for yet more produce, ground turkey (I don't buy beef) and a few other items. 

Ran into Suzanne as we came up our shared front walk, she invited me in, and we brought each other up to date on our doings. 

Called Erik, the appliance guy about the dryer at my house. I was stunned to hear that having him simply look at it incurred a charge of eighty-four dollars. However, I told the person who answered (I think his wife, Michelle) to have him go ahead. Called The Townehouse to say Jim and I would, indeed, be there for lunch on Tuesday, then will view the accommodations. Conveyed this to Jim and also firmed up our attendance at the Dudley House covered dish on the eighteenth. 

I was surprised and pleased to have my niece, Jeanne, call me. She's one of my brother, Larry's, seven children, is married to Vic, who's a physician and has two sons. One, Mark, is also a doc and married to a doc,* plus she has Vic, who's the anchor for Jacksonville station News4 JAX TV.  Also has a daughter, who's a teacher. Anyway, she was driving up from Jacksonville to pick up Larry in Cooper City, and they're flying to Philly today for a wedding, then will drive down to Ventnor. We talked for one full hour and it was so good. We went over some family situations--good and not-so-good--but generally speaking, both marveled over our good future to be born into such a tribe. 

Went back to Von's for minced garlic, then did a fair amount of food prep, including chopping a pepper and three onions, adding them to lentils in the slow cooker, and roasting the cauliflower with my favorite mayo/parm topping. My weird dinner was almost half of the latter--unbalanced, but to me, yum--(probably not to anybody else in the universe).

* To add to the medical brigade, three of Larry's daughters and one of his sons, are R.N.s.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...