Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Tuesday

Still coming down from my post-show high, I got some neglected duties out of the way, then got ready to meet Diane for lunch. Walked to Telephone, then bused to the B & M mall. I was early, so went over to Kohl's, then back to the Vietnamese restaurant we had chosen for lunch. Unusually for her, Diane was late; she texted me that she had misjudged the time. She got there, though, by 12:30 and we settled in for one of our long, long, confidential conversations. As I told her, to some extent she takes the place of my poor, lost twin sister; Betty and I used to tell each other things we wouldn't mention to anyone else. Of course, it's only "to an extent" that Diane fills in for her--we don't have the same background or experiences, but close enough: Catholicism, large birth family, marriage and children, and other venues. We part ways at the  mysticism/rationalism highway, but it's always good to talk to her.

Diane invited me to go to the Santa Paula Theater on September 17 with her and her friend, Paris (love the name), who had accompanied her to my show. Sounds good and I put it on my calendar. We left about 3:30 (yes, these are usually marathon sessions) and took the same 11 bus to Victoria Avenue, where I disembarked to go to The Market and pick up paper towels. 

Home, I called Ken to see how he was doing. Aside from some bruising and red marks, he said he's okay. Considering it was a  head-on collision and both cars were totaled, the fact that the drivers walked away, is remarkable. I told him I want to take him to lunch next week, so we'll get back in touch shortly.

I'm hoping to be able visit my blog buddy, Patti, when I'm in Jersey next month. Got in touch and we'll work out the logistics later. 

Mike video-messaged me at 7:00 pm and we had a good talk for 45 or so. He'll be going to Texas this month, just for a few days on business, so I won't see him. However, he'll be here in California in late December, too, so that's good. 

When I got up a half-hour ago, I was happy to see it was 5:30, meaning I slept almost a full eight hours. I attribute that to finally getting back to my everyday walking routine. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...