Sunday, September 03, 2023

Saturday And Close

We closed last night and boy, it was one of the best: everybody at the top of their marks, full house, and it went off without a hitch. Here are Jaxson, Leyla, and Harper. The first two are in After All This Time as am I, but have no lines; Harper's in Paper Cuts and has plenty. She also sings the rousing closing song, "I Want You To Be My Baby."  
H. and J. in Paper Cuts
Lisa and Amy 
                                  
Lisa, Amy, and me.  Meredith took the picture; not sure why she set it for B & W., but it's kind of interesting that way.

Anyway, I again went up to the loft to view part of the show, including the first two acts of mine. In between, I chatted with Alphonse and discovered that he and Lindsay have--well, discovered each other. So good to know, as they're both such wonderful young people. Interestingly, like Vera's daughter and her SO, Lindsay is considerably taller than Alphonse.     

Before we went on, director Karyn called us outside to express her appreciation to her cast and I gave her the card I had made and that everyone signed. We then had a group hug and that was so fine. 

Ellen and her friend, Joanne, came to the 2:00 show and of course, I loved having them there. Joanne is Ellen's former co-worker, who taught at Olivelands, where Ellen does, but is now retired. Also attending were Diane, her friend, and Stella, who came late. We all went outside together after the show to talk and talk. Also, Amy came out to introduce me to her mother and grandmother, who's 92. 

Lisa had asked if I wanted to got to dinner, I accepted, Ellen joined us (Joanne had another commitment), and we went to the Black Angus. By that time, it was 5:30 and I hadn't eaten since breakfast, so greatly enjoyed my salmon--and, of course, a Blue Moon. Had a great time and Lisa was very impressed with Ellen. 

Back to our place and we dived into the final show. There was a fair amount of what used to be called tippling beforehand (I had a glass of red myself), but no problems with it. Lots of congrats and embraces after, then off I went with Ken. The plan was to have him pick me up at 5:30 for the party (we were going to skip striking the set, as it involves a lot of lifting and carrying), but...

...when I got up, I found a text from Ken saying he had had an accident after dropping me off and his car is totaled. Damn! I'm trying not to feel guilty, as this happened on Telegraph Road, where I live and he wouldn't have been there if he hadn't been dropping me off. Anyway, I wish it hadn't happened, of course, although luckily, no one was hurt.  Anyway, he won't be going to the party, so I'll have to ask somebody else to take me. Also, maybe I'll give the gift card for him to Amy, as she probably sees him fairly often. 

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...