Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Tuesday

It turned out to be a pretty good day. Happily, Diane called in the morning; she's home and she told me she hadn't had a stroke, after all, but a seizure. I was amazed to hear she had had two others, not recently, several years ago. We had a good talk and I told her I'd go over whenever she was ready; will bring lunch or take her out. Texted Vickie, Suzanne, and Stella to tell them and will call Jim. 

And I recovered my natural buoyancy once I bused to town and met Noreen at Dargan's for lunch. The place bills itself as "an Irish pub," but I'm not so sure the ould sod would recognize the fare. No matter, I had half a corned beef sandwich and a side salad, along with a good IPA, and even better conversation. We sat outside--to the left of the picture--under Dargan's big canopy on closed-off Main Street on a perfect autumn (for California) day: 

Dunno why it's fuzzy.

Noreen is a diehard Trump despiser--on a par  and is afraid he'll get into the presidency again. She watches  television "news," follows the boring crapola in D.C.,  and has no acquaintance with alternate media. She was surprised that I'm indifferent, since I have little interest in politics. I believe those who are running most--in fact, all--countries are corrupt to the core and take their orders from their corporate masters. Everything else is theatre. Seems to me the sooner  the empire falls, the better for most citizens of the world, but not, I guess, for the U.S.  Nevertheless, we didn't argue--I would never try to outmaneuver Noreen--but I mostly just listened to her and injected a little note here and there.

When I told Noreen about my eye, I was amazed and thrilled to hear she had had "focal migraines," also. She suffers no ill effects and that was such a relief to know--not that I wish her ill, but I had never heard of it before. 

It was almost 3:00 when we parted and I strolled down Main Street, stopped in a few shops, and bought an infant hat for my little skelton in the living room (yeah, I'm nutty). 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...