Saturday, September 02, 2023

Friday

T.O.P.S.: Home, maintained at 127.4; at the meeting, was 127.8 for a .07 loss. Home after 10:00. Other than that, I didn't go out until showtime.

After finishing the card for Karyn (see below), I chunked and chopped my tomatoes and onions, added garlic, oil, and seasonings, and popped it in the oven for stewed tomatoes. Had just a bowl of that for lunch, plus some of the zucchini slices I made the other day .

Brother Larry called from Florida. He told me he has just bought an electric car. He was on the beach with daughter, Elaine, with whom I spoke, too. They missed the hurricane, luckily--just had rain.

Lots of back and forth texts with play cast colleagues. As I write this, it's 2:30 pm on Friday; Ken will pick me up,  as ever, at 6:00 for our 6:30 call.  

                                                                💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

He did and it's now 7:00 am on Saturday. Last night was, as they've all been, just a terrific show and wonderfully receptive audience. There were, however, more "adjustments," i.e., stand-ins for those out and they were considerable. Nobody in our play was, but in Flop and Paper Cuts, Stuart,  Penelope, Edward, Christopher, and Jasmine were all out. Jeff had emailed us that three of the troupe (there are 29 players, plus five crew members) had COVID, so presumably, that's what had happened. Troupers that they are, Karyn, Jeff, Emma, Ben, and Erica filled in after only a day or a few hours of notice.

Now that we're facing the end of the run, the backstage camaraderie was great. I had long talks with Ben, Alphonse, and Erica, as well as others. Lisa and I went up to the kind of overhanging balcony during the actual show and saw some of action. Home before 11:00, but I didn't go to bed until almost midnight. Slept soundly, though. Today, we had the 2:00 and 8:00 performances, then go dark. Tomorrow, we strike the set, then enjoy the cast party. 

I had spent the morning completing the little name-verse card for director Karyn. Finally thought of how to decorate the envelope, also, and here are the results after I surreptitiously had the cast inscribe last night:

                                           

                                                         

My "art" work leaves a whole lot to be desired (Ellen's third-graders could probably do better), but I think Karyn will like it.


2 comments:

iloveac said...

She'll treasure it.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. BTW, I STILL haven't been able to correct my email address on this blog, so comments still go to the old one. I followed all the steps the advisor (whoever that is) recommends and at the end, it just won't enter. Sorry if I seem to be ignoring your comments, but I don't always remember to go back.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...