Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Tuesday

Not much going on, as I got up with a cold. It's been years since I've had one and it could be worse;  it's manifesting itself as only a runny nose and sneezing, no cough, headache or aches or pains. Took TheraFlu and wore a mask in the car when Suzanne and I went to WinCo at 9:00. I got a lot of fresh veggies and fruit, plus paper goods. 

My cousin, Sally, from San Diego called. We had a good talk, catching up on our kiddies, grand-kiddies, and great-grands, plus her cardiology stuff. Her grandson, Chandler, who used to be her granddaughter, and is a weatherologist in Oregon, was in for a visit. 

I was vacillating over whether to go to rehearsal on Saturday, when Mike and Violet arrive, but called Ellen to discuss and decided to skip it, and Sunday, too. I left a message for director Karyn to that effect and called Ken. He'll pick me up for rehearsal on Monday--6:30 out front. Karyn wrote back no prob, as we have plenty of time.

I spent a lot of the day on bookkeeping-y stuff, getting my ducks in a row, so to speak. Went out only to walk to CVS for a card and a little gift for Violet's birthday; she'll be 15 on July 10. Now that I'm thinking of it, though, I'm not so sure I should have gotten her what I did, a loose lounging dress. Geez, maybe it's old ladyish--I'll mull it over. 

Ellen called; she still has a bad cold, unlike mine so far. She's trying to clean the house a bit before Mike and Violet come--in three days!--but if necessary, they can stay in a hotel. 

Fun and games yesterday: 

1. Got it in two:

Wordle 738 2/6
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
2. My letter appeared in The Ventura County Star:

Grateful for bike ban on Main St.

Re: your June 23 story, “Ventura to ban bikes, other transport on Main Street”: Many thanks to the Ventura City Council for approving a ban on wheeled devices on some of downtown Main Street. As a lady of a certain age, I go there several days a week to stroll, browse in the shops, and enjoy the museum, library, and mission.

Also, my friends and I meet often for lunch at one of the great restaurants in the area. The only negative has been the bikes, skateboards, and other personal vehicles (especially electric ones) that pose such a hazard for walkers; I’ve had a few close calls myself. It will be a great relief for many and I’m grateful to the council.

Rosemary Molloy, Ventura

3. My latest jigsaw puzzle, two men and a dog:



No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...