Monday, June 19, 2023

Sunday With Someone Special

Who? Daughter Ellen, that's who. When I called, she said Greg still had his cold, so didn't think he should go to dinner, but she and I could. We decided she'd come after she got some clean-up stuff done at school. (Yes, it was Sunday, but the end of the school year and teachers are hard workers.)

I went over to Von's for some things, did a color wash and a few other chores, then tackled the final phase of sorting, assembling, and filing my A. for A. paperwork. (I was amazed and gratified it fit in the filing cabinet.)  Went back and forth on Message with Mike and not much else. 

Spent time transferring my stuff from my old everyday purse to my new one and--oh, horrors, it's really too small for what I carry! 😲 This is the third one I've bought--I returned the earlier two, and I'm going to return this one and get a larger one. I'm not spending forty-three bucks on something that doesn't suit my needs, dammit! 😡

El called about 4:30 to say she was on her way. I met her out front and off we went to an early dinner. I had suggested Hill Street Cafe, but we saw it wasn't open on Sunday evenings, so went to Two Trees. I had a good carnitas plate and a beer, El chicken salad, preceded by a watermelon Margarita. (I snagged a taste and it was yum.) We talked and talked and talked, hashing over our experiences with various, including the men in our lives (why were men even invented?) and her project, which I hope will come to fruition. She came into my place for a time after and we did the same.

Dinner with Soaring Spirits this evening. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...