Sunday, June 04, 2023

Saturday

Ran over to Von's to get bread and cookies for lunch with Jim. Just served turkey breast and tomato sandwiches, along with applesauce and crystal pickles, both of which I had in the freezer. He came, as usual at 12:30, we had lunch, then sat on the couch. To keep the conversation going, I asked where he went to grammar school: St. Anne of the Sunset in San Francisco. I looked it up on my phone and we had some reasonably okay time looking at the website, pictures, and so on. It's so hard to hit on anything he'll actually discuss, but this was okay. Significantly, I think, he has never been back to his hometown since he left for college; he has no interest in it. He left about 3:30, I cleaned up, then went over to Suzanne's for our little social session at 5:00.

Had a nice time. As usual, Vickie and I brought our own drinks and Suanne had popcorn and apple slices out. After we ate and chatted, we viewed Suzanne's pictures of her Seattle and British Columbia trip. We broke up at 6:30 and, being stuffed from both lunch and Suzanne's, I skipped dinner; just had some nibbles while I watched my one hour of Netflix at 8:30.

I'm going to devote today to preparing for Acting for Amateurs tomorrow. Damn, my printer is already out of black ink--I ordered some, but it didn't come yet and I'll have to go over to Office Depot today to buy it.  

                                                                   ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€

I was so pleased to get this email yesterday from Tim Nutt, of Little Rock College:

Hi Ms. Molloy—

 

I apologize for the delay in contacting you. Unfortunately, I was mistaken about the Little Rock College records. I assumed we had them because we have the records of the Seminary that was associated with the College, beginning in 1911. However, I haven’t given up on searching for the records. I will be back in touch when I have done a little more investigating. 

I’m determined to solve this mystery. 

Tim Nutt

 

Timothy G. Nutt, C.A.

Archivist

Diocese of Little Rock

(501) 664-0340, ext. 411

Of course, I wrote him back immediately with thanks; I'm hoping he'll come up with some more information about my Dad when he was teaching and getting his masters degree there. Hmm...I'm not sure what C.A. means; could he be a priest? 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...