Sunday, June 25, 2023

Saturday And Stardom

Did quite a bit of food prep in the morning. Prepared about a pound of my six pounds of chicken thighs in the slow cooker, as I do breasts. Rubbed them with the seasoning mixture (must get more paprika and oregano), added broth,chopped onions and peppers, and let 'er rip. Zapped spinach, and dressed it with oil, vinegar, and garlic. Trimmed broccoli and took out the chopped strawberries and applesauce I had prepared from the freezer.

Read the script and my miniscule part over lunch, then walked to the market for various. Bused home, did a few more chores, and became a figure in Streamberry:

Yes, it's nice to be a TV star, especially when the makeup people are so expert at removing wrinkles, but it's annoying to keep signing autographs, and trying to elude the press and the worshiping groupies...yuk, yuk. 
Okay, here's what my nephew, Betty's son, Steve Johnson, wrote on Lifehacker about this new craze:

What is Streamberry?

A new five-episode season of Netflix’s sci-fi horror anthology Black Mirror dropped this week, and its most memorable recurring character is “Streamberry,” a dystopian streaming network that exists within the fictional Black Mirror universe. As revealed in the season’s stand-out episode “Joan is Awful,” Streamberry shares its logo design, sound effects and user-interface with Black Mirror’s parent company Netflix. But unlike Netflix, Streamberry is “an infinite content creator capable of willing entire multiverses into existence.”

The content listed on Streamberry is 100% easter eggs—all the shows and movies on the fictional streamer are based on other Black Mirror episodes, including episodes that come later in the fifth season.

If you are into clever entertainment marketing and you are also awful (and let’s face it, you are awful) check out youareawful.com and let Streamberry make a show that presents the worst side of you. Just remember to read the terms and conditions first, or you may soon find yourself shitting in a church. (Spoiler alert!)

Mike video-messaged me from the trail where he runs most days. He also rides his bike to work and back each day, a total distance of sixteen miles. Plus, he's growing a beard--I just cannot decide if I like it or not. He and Violet will be here in one more week--YAY! 

I had one of the chicken-thighs-in-slow-cooker and it was so good--tender and very flavorful. I wish I could remember what all I put in the broth; hope I can duplicate it another time.
 
I decided to give Jim just turkey breast and tomato sandwiches for lunch today. For dessert, I'll make up a kind of fruit compote: fresh strawberries and blueberries with vanilla yogurt, which should be good.  I might add some of the fresh peaches, too. 

Notes to myself: Called both Bank of the West, which will mail me a credit of $120. 66. Deducted a credit from Wells Fargo and paid it in full. (I charge virtually everything and never carry a balance.)

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...