Friday, June 30, 2023

Thursday

Showered and washed my hair before Ellen came over about 1:00. She was picking up the linens and so on I'm contributing for Violet to take to camp, but also brought turkey sandwiches from Subway. We ate, then chatted for a bit, and she packed up her car and drove off.  

Via the U.S. postal service, I got a nice note from Rosa D., thanking me for the acting class. If all goes as planned, we meet shortly for a lunch and a movie in Oxnard. Will send her an email. Also got a reminder from the Dr. Sun that I should make an appointment for a dermatology checkup. I'm was glad to get it, as I think I have a need on both my nose and elsewhere. 

Julie picked me up at 4:30 for the BCNN dinner group. It was at The Cave, my old stompin' grounds with Nancy and Carolyn. I had a great time, at one point regaling the group with stories of the Dionne Quintuplets. I was urged to do a program on them, which I will one of these days, but not very soon. Interestingly, Claire, who sat next to me, is from Canada (but also lived in Jersey) and knew of Pierre Burton, who wrote The Dionne Years/A Thirties Melodrama, the first book I owned on the quints. Anyway, I had a good time with a glass of white and a glass of red wine to accompany my "eggplant tower," half of which I took home. In at 8:00 and I called El to tell her of another financial innovation of mine.

T.O.P.S. this morning, and I'll take my donations to GoodWill, then meet Diane for lunch across from her place.  

Yet another jigsaw from the colorization of Keith Williams, who specializes in photos from the eighteen- and early nineteen-centuries. He's a master, all right:


Financial Notes to Myself: 1.) I had an argument over the phone with BMO bank, whose credit card I just accepted. I'm going to pursue this, as I have an excellent credit rating and want to be sure it won't be affected. 
2.) I put money into a high(er)-yielding savings account at, of all places, SO-FI financial group, the ones who own the apartment building where I live. Will add to it.
3.) Will look into CD's, also, and will talk to Mike and Ellen about other financial plans. 

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...