Friday, June 23, 2023

Thursday

I finally got smart and did things at a time when there weren't mobs of people ahead of me doing the same. Went over to Nails D'Elegance at 9:00 when they opened and got a long-neglected pedicure. This time, I went absolutely wild and picked--*P*U*R*P*L*E* !!

Of course, nobody else is going to see them unless I suddenly kick off and get taken to the morgue, but I think they're cutesy-poo. I had brought my cart, so went from there to Von's to stock up on veggies and other items. 

Home, I packed my lunch, grabbed my cart and took off for town. I had bought three pairs of jeans at a thrift store when I was with Stella on Tuesday and, damn, they were all too small. Took them to Buffalo Exchange to see if they'd buy them and added the brand new backpack Lora had given me for my birthday (I'm not about to backpack). Took them in and they accepted the backpack only; said the current style in jeans is now wider-leg. For the backpack, I had a choice of cash or credit, which was worth about twice as much, so I took that. Buffalo Exchange is frequented mostly by young people--high school and college age, but I'm sure I can find something.

Went from there to my place across from the mission and enjoyed my lunch, also the lovely sunshine and the strollers down Main. Stopped at the museum to ask about the centennial celebration today and via email and phone, Diane and I firmed up our plans to attend. We'll both be picked up and taken home by the Access Van. 

Stella called while I was on my way to thank me for modifying the picture of her siblings. I had asked the Photo Restoration Free Service on Facebook to do it, and one of them did. The background had been of an unattractive fence and was changed to a forest, I guess. Stella was thrilled, but frankly, I think a
 lighter background would have been better. Earlier, I had cropped it myself--easy, of course, but Stella marveled that I know how to do it. Believe it or not, the picture shows fewer than half the members of her birth family--including the parents, it totaled fourteen. 
I received my script for the show in August. Play is called After All This Time and I have a very small part, which actually pleases me. With Mike and Violet coming twice, plus Joel and his boys, and another visitor, I'm going to be very busy. Also, I'm not confident about memorizing long blocks of dialogue anymore. The last time I did was for Welcome Home and that was--I can hardly believe it-- four years ago. I just want to be with my tribe, without angst over forgetting lines, so I'm happy. First read-through is on Sunday--looking forward.   

Notes to myself: Cancelled the NYTimes subscription, but will receive until July 6.
                           To take advantage of Von's ads, click coupons under "Deals."

2 comments:

Molloy・モロイ said...

Natsue says your nails are 'beautiful'.

Mimi said...

Please tell her I said THANK YOU, dear daughter-in-law!

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...