Sunday, June 18, 2023

Saturday

I spent time in the morning trying to change my email address on this blog. Got the information, followed it (change email from "author" to "administrator") and at the very last step, it would not change. I actually printed out the instructions and I know I followed them. Can't understand this and I am so frustrated! Had a yummy grapefruit half with my cereal, set one aside for Jim, then thought of cutting one up (without the rind, of course) and freezing the chucks. Did so and I can enjoy it later. 

I was pleased when Ellen called with interesting news I won't reveal here. (No, it doesn't have to do with Greg.) She's going into school today, although it's Sunday, to finish up last minute things; she turns in her keys on Tuesday, then--happy day, she's off for the summer. I suggested we take Greg out for lunch or dinner for Father's Day--my treat--and she said she'd ask him although her has a cold. If he doesn't want to go, she suggested we two do, anyway. Yes, great, I'll call her later. 

Jim got here and after lunch, we did crossword puzzles as we've been doing lately. He sits with the crossword book and a pen and gives me the clues. This beats me always having to talk and talk--I get sick of hearing myself--but it gets so bor-r-i-n-g, I can hardly stand it. I asked him to drop me at the mall, so got him to leave a little earlier than his usual 4:00 or so.

I took back the purse I had bought at the other Target and looked at Macy's, the mall Target, and another store for something I liked better. Finally got one at Penny's. Stopped at BevMo, thinking I'd get some Blue Moon (beer) in cans, but they had only bottles, which I no longer buy. Not only are they breakable and too damn heavy, I think they go flat faster than they do in cans. I'll see if Von's have them. On the way out, I again passed Target and picked up olive oil and parm cheese.    

Got home and Mike video messaged me. He was walking in the pouring rain, some distance from where he lives (he's been working out quite a bit) and said Violet greatly enjoyed her energetic school trip to Malaysia--lots of hiking, rock climbing, and other strenuous activities. Vivian is now in Madrid and will go next to Barcelona. He and Violet will be here on July 1.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...