Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Tuesday

Yesterday was one of my free days and, much as I enjoy my busy social life, I was glad to just be appointment- and obligation- free. Decided to go to town (which I haven't for some time), packed my lunch, took my little cart, and boarded the bus.

Thought I'd stop first at the library to see if anything was new in which I'd be interested. There wasn't, but then I remember the Dionne Quintuplet one, published 44 years ago:

I already own several of the earlier ones, having had a lifelong interest in the quints. I've done presentations on their story in Jersey and thought I might do the same here, say, for BCNN. The only problem is, I'm not sure I can handle the electronic apparatus; I'll have to look into that.

Ate lunch, then I strolled down Main Street, stopping in several shops, but the only thing I bought--what was I thinking?!--was this:
The recipe pages fan out from the cover--bizarre in itself--and the fifty recipes include instructions for pickling all kinds of vegetables and even fruits. Anyway, I now feel I simply must make versions other than my usual crystal pickles. Maybe I'll be crowned the pickle queen of southern California--NOT!  

Julie called after I got home and invited me to meet the BCNN walkers at Kimball Park tomorrow. I accepted and am glad she called, as I had neglected to tell her Lora was available for lunch tomorrow, too. But since Julie hadn't heard back from me, she had made other plans, so we decided on Friday, instead. I called Lora and left a message, apologizing and asking if that would work for her. Didn't hear back from her and texted her just now.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Should be fun to try the different pickle recipes. You must tell us your favs. Those quints are adorable. You may have documented this but I forget....they must have made a record. Were there any other multiple births so large? Of course, today with IVF Octoplets can be born.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...