Monday, August 01, 2011

Met with Frank-Next-Door about publicity for the theatre group's next production. Moon Over Buffalo is, of course, coming up the end of September and he's the producer. (That and a dime'll get you a cup of coffee.) Although I didn't make the cut for a part, I'll participate in the grunt role of publicity chair.
Later, Frank sent me two spread sheets, one with all members' names, street and e-mail addresses, and phone numbers. Incredibly, this was lacking for the last several years. The other sheet is a listing of everybody involved in the production and what their titles, such as "director," "props mistress, "set design," and so on. What a pleasure to have somebody who displays at least a modicum of organizational skills and will do the nitty gritty to cover practicalities! I asked Frank to call Judy K. about doing concessions and he will.
Called Lucille B. to find out how to get the phone message changed (it still invites people to come to April's Our Town), and we had a good chat. She's had her run-ins with Desi, which is one reason she's no longer active.
Betty called to say Suzanne M. and her friend, Reinie, whom I've met, are coming down from Hadden Heights today for lunch; asked if I'd like to join them. I will, although we'll go to Gino's, a restaurant around the corner, which I'm not crazy about. However, no prob.
Enjoyed my Sunday evening talk with Ellen on Skype later in the day. She's about to paint her downstairs bathroom. What a job to prepare it, scraping off the old stuff, but it'll look great when she's finished.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...