Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another lovely day. Betty and I got up early, as always, and while I walked with Susan, she played a game on the computer. Neighbor, Anne Mary H. gave me three pretty candles--she thinks they suck the oxygen out of the air--then came over to my place. I had invited her to bring her Brooke, a seven-pound miniature poodle, to meet Betty. Big mistake. A.M., who is somewhat eccentric (she's a retired math teacher--enough said!), simply never shuts up, dredging up age-old incidents, all of which I've heard multiple times and none of which are even faintly interesting. She finally left, we had breakfast, then went to the pool.
It felt wonderful--so good we actually went in twice. I had packed a lunch, including an illicit beer for myself, and we ate, chatted with neighbors, and generally had a wonderful time. Home for a time, then Betty left during a rainstorm about 3:00.
Went last night to Northfield to sit in on a reading of the In-House Players. It seems they've decided to do the Tuckerton Seaport murder mystery thing, after all, but now aren't sure hte Seaport hasn't gotten someone else. We read--I took the part of somebody who wasn't there--and I said my thanks and left about 8:30. The director, Dodie, said she'd call me when they're doing "The Radio Show," a standard of those, I think. Drove home in the dark, which I don't like.
I'm fairly certain I won't be joining this group. It's just too far away to go at night, which is when they invariably rehearse, a strong negative for me. Wasn't entirely impressed with some of them, either. Well, maybe I'll change my mind later.
Frank coming over today to discuss publicity for Moon.
WIDER: Worth reading, a thoughtful anaylsis by Justin Raimondo of the goings-on in the U.K. At AntiWar.com:
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/08/09/barbarians-with-blackberrys/

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...