Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It turned out to be a good, if melancholy day. The much-loved visitor from the north came about 10:30. We went to the cemetery and sat there for a half hour or so, talking about Dad. We laughed and there were a few tears. Watered the azaleas, Mexican heather, and mums. We then went to Jay's grave and together, planted the little mums there.
I was then taken to lunch at Italian Cuisine, one of my favorites. Had a good time talking and sharing. After that, the V. from the N. suggested we go to the pool. Went home to change and discovered a beautiful bowl of lavender roses and lilies. They are from dear son, Mike, and I like them so much. His brother and sister-in-law, the Tokyo Twosome, put a lovely remembrance of his Dad on Facebook. Their sibling, Ellen, Skyped me on Sunday night, so all have checked in.
We went to the pool--wonderfully refreshing--and enjoyed it.
I had received a call from Mary Ann Van O. to the effect that she'd like to give me some vegetables. (I had mentioned how good the roasted veggies were I had made the day before.) We stopped there and she handed me a huge bag of sweet potatoes, peppers, zucchini, celery and eggplant. I'm not sure why, but I decided to roast them. After the V. form the N. and I said goodbye, I did.
Invited Mary Ann over, she came, and I added salmon, pickled beets, and sliced tomatoes with feta to the menu, which we ate and enjoyed.
Two years have now gone by since Pat's death and I miss him in a deep, primeval way, but I'm doing all right.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...