Tuesday, August 09, 2011

My little luncheon was a great success. Prepared the rest of it before Betty got here abut 10:30. Pat and Mary Ann arrived together at the stated time of 1:00 and Susan shortly after. S. brought a lovely dessert of fresh fruit, along with--get this--a bottle of cream sherry to sprinkle over it. 'Twas yummy.
Mary Ann brought info on a bus trip to the Met in the fall, but I think I'll pass. It leaves from Princeton, is in the evening, then there's an hour and a half drive after that. It's also dreadfully expensive. However, I'm definitely interested in attending an opera lecture at Westminster--also in Princeton--which is in the afternoon and only twenty bucks. Will share all this with Frank, who's coming over at 10:00 to discuss the publicity for Moon.
Back to the luncheon: We sat and talked for almost an hour over vodka and bitter lemon for some, soda for others. Everybody liked the lunch, especially the macaroni salad and liverwurst. They stayed until 5:00, then I told Betty to sit down and relax while I cleared up.
Of course, my twin and I talked and talked until bedtime, about all manner of things and relatives. Slept like a log and she just got up--great fun to have her here!
Attending a meeting of In-House Players in Northfield tonight.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Uh-oh! Look out, Mimi -- there's Commies in the house!

Mimi said...

Usually, these comments don't make it on to the site, Jim. There's another that's in Asian characters--not sure which. Why in the WORLD is this done? On the off-chance somebody will visit their site and buy their products? I could never understand that.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...