Friday, August 05, 2011

Wrote out a short "script" for Lucille to say over the theatre company phone and brought it over to her. She did a great job and I visited for a time with her and little Jenna--or Genna (I think she's 5). Lucille is newly divorced and is still trying to put her life back i order, as the saying goes.
After lunch, I took the car over to have the oil changed. Also gave them the directional light I had bought, which cost less than five dollars for two, so roughly two bucks and change each. When the car was finished, I was stunned to get a bill for $48.04! It seems an oil change has gone up to $24.95 plus tax and they change $19 to change the signal light! Damn, I'm going to look for another auto place.
I had invited Susan to come for lunch when Betty's here on Monday and she accepted. Called Mary Ann Van O. and Pat L. and they did the same. Should be fun.
Went down the street to Leslie's and brought her a head of Romaine, with which I'm overstocked. We chatted and made a date for lunch next Friday.
Went to three places to find Kirby cucumbers so I could make crystal pickles. Finally found them in Shop-Rite. Made a batch of pickles and put them in the freezer.
Stopped at the library and took back Joyce Carol Oates' A Widow's Story, which I finished, and picked up a book of her short stories. I had never read her before--I rarely read fiction--but find I like her stuff.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...