Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Things continue to be ho-hummy, though not bad. Went to Lowe's and got the new garage door opener sensors. Stopped at Shop-Rite for supplies. Washed clothes, as I do everyday. Went to the library, as I do several times a week and got Food Matters, by Mark Bittman. I was gratified to read he recommends eating the way I already do: very little meat and processed food, except for an occasional treat, and most of one's calories from plant food.
Actually, I probably eat less meat than he does. It occurred to me that my regular, everyday diet (in the broad sense,that is) includes no meat. I did have a turkey breast sandwich when the kids were here on Sunday, but the time before that was several week ago when Betty was here and we went to The Greenhouse. I had a hamburger and a cold beer, and it was delicious. I don't think it would have tasted so good if I ate it everyday or even every month.
In truth, I credit my near-vegetarianism with my 70 + pound weight loss, my ability to successfully cover my care-giving chores, and my abundant energy in other areas.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...