Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pat seems to be holding his own, as the saying goes. He's now on the fourth floor, which used to be maternity, and is so nice. It's equipped with comfortable chairs, a flat-screen T.V., and looks newly painted and decorated. The window is huge and has a nice view; he has the bed next to it and his roommate went home yesterday.
I got there when visiting hours started at 11:00 to find Barbara D., that good friend, there already. Pat likes her a lot and I enjoyed her company, too. As she was leaving, she asked if I wanted to go downstairs for a cup of coffee--I did and we had a nice chat. He said A. and E., Mike, and his brother, Bill, had called.
I left about 3:30, stopped at Santori's, then went directly to Seacrest to pick up Pat's things. Although he'll probably return there, they pack everything up anyway. I took it home and sorted it out, assembling things I want to bring him in the hospital.
Had one of my sketchy meals for dinner--a whole butternut squash, salad, and cherries. Went to rehearsal, which went well and was home by 9:30.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...