Monday, August 10, 2009

Went in to the hospital in the morning, stayed until after lunch, went home, then back until 8 pm. Cardiologist and pulmonologist came in; former said Pat's heart attack was "not insignificant," latter that he'd get lung treatments. Later, we were told his potassium is dangerously high; he was given a thick, brownish liquid medication that looked loathsome. Is eating very little; food now pureed. Pulmonologist didn't like the fact that he had been on liquid only, as his ankles are so swollen.
P. and N. just called on the web cam. I've been so involved with Pat that I didn't have time to worry about the Tokyo earthquake. P. said they felt only a jiggling and little damage was done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mimi,
I was sorry to read about Pat’s troubles. I hope he will be okay and gets well soon. I also hope you are holding up as well, doesn’t sound like a fun time.

Mimi said...

Yes, I can think of a lot of things both Pat and I would rather be doing. Thank you so much for writng, Rob.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...