Saturday, August 15, 2009

At Seacrest in the morning, first met with the administrator to go over the paperwork--what a drag, but I can do it over the weekend and submit on Monday. Met Pat's doctor, nurse, therapists, and aides. It took a long time to dress him and have him get into the wheelchair, but he finally did. Accompanied him to the p.t. room, where he completed some basic, simple motions. Pat is eating very little and I'm worried at that. It's true he could stand to lose weight, but I doubt if he's ingesting 500 calories a day.
Outside the p.t. room, a door leads directly into a beautiful garden, complete with gazebo and rustic benches. When I stepped out there, it reminded me of the transitional black-and-white-to-Technicolor scene in The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy steps out of the wrecked house into that enchanted land. Called the girls in Ventura while I was out there and we had a nice speakerphone chat.
Went home for lunch, then went back later until 4:00. Had a delightful dinner next door at the D.'s and with Joe and Barbara M.
Called Pat when I got home about 9:30 and he was okay. He said P. and Mike had both called.
Later: I knew I had gained weight by the fit of my clothes. Went to Weight Watchers for the first time in a month to assess the damage. I've gained 6.2 pounds for a current weight of 137.6 and a total of 62 pounds off. Okay, I'll now get serious about getting back down.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...