Friday, August 14, 2009

Pat was transferred to rehab yesterday, but not to the facility we had wanted. It seems Arcadia can't handle the 10 liters of oxygen he now requires, so he's at Seacrest Village. He was there before (two or three years ago) and it's only a mile and a half from our home, so it's okay, I guess.
Left the hospital at 1:00 to meet Barbara at the Food Pantry. Stayed to help there until 4:00, then stopped at Seacrest to be sure they knew about his arrival and get the paperwork I have to complete. Just had time to swallow a few things from the refridge--can't even remember what, I think a bowl of peas and some blueberries--then go next door to Frank and he and I went to rehearsal.
Finished up about 9:00, went in to pick up some stuff to take to Seacrest, then got my car and went there. Pat seemed reasonably comfortable and the nurse (male) was nice. Stayed an hour or so and got home at 10:30. Unwound with my popcorn and wine, although I had to drink Chardonnay, as I didn't have time to replenish my supply of Taylor Country Red. Was so tired I hardly knew the difference, anyway.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...