Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Nice lazy day, but is it hot?! Listen, you could fry an egg on the grass, let alone the pavement. After my morning walk with Susan--and it was hot and humid at 7 am--I chatted with some neighbors, ran a few errands, then incredibly for me, stayed home in the cool and even took a nap. Washed whites, ran the dishwasher, and generally acted like the contented little homebody I am. We go to the cardiologist tomorrow and we'll see if he has anything to add to the opinions of the legion of other doctors.
Got a call from Singapore son, Mike, from Manhattan and, happy day, he'll be here on Thursday evening. Anxious to see him, of course, and I hope and expect Alison and Mike will come down.
Have hot dogs and beans in the crockpot and will serve with potato salad and tomatoes--just a casual summer meal.
Just went out to get the mail and geez! It must be over a hundred--what a marvelous invention is air conditioning!

1 comment:

trailertrash said...

It's hot, here, too. My poor plants are all dying of thirst.

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...