Saturday, August 05, 2006

Yesterday, Mike and I went to the big city, Manahawkin, first stopping at Skeeter's for lunch. We ate on the porch over the water--very nice, although hot. Mike got socks and shorts at Kohl's, then we went to My Three Sons produce (owned by council member and former--they take turns--mayor of Little Egg, Ray G.) and got Jersey tomatoes and peaches, corn on the cob, brownies, and a gorgeous blueberry pie. We then stopped at the bay at Green Street where Pat goes every day and chatted with him for a while. He was contendedly sitting under the pavilion with his cronies.
At Mike's request, I was going to have flounder last night, but deferred it to today because Mike joined Alison and her Mike and their group for their Friday evening hike through the pine barrens. He's still asleep, but he got back so I guess he survived the walk (they sometimes go 12 miles).
There's another addition to our great big extended family: Wes and Katy had their beautiful little girl on Thursday--pictures already posted by proud papa. That makes four new babies in the last eight weeks: Betty's two granddaughters and Larry's two new great-grands. Geez, I should figure up how many descendents our parents now have; a mess of them, that's for sure.
Pat and I are both enjoying having our baby here, of course. Pat goes to the eye doctor today and I think I'll ask Mike to take him, as I was invited to a baby shower for Frank and Barbara's daughter at 1:00.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...