Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Went to Boscov's yesterday after stopping at the cardiologist to clarify what Pat needs to do for him (call the vascular doctor for an appointment and get blood work in three months). Since I was in the area, decided to drive down to Ventnor and scout out some restaurants, as Barbara H., Susan, Kathy D., and I are going to tour a "designer house" there on Thursday. Looked at Betty's house and saw mailbox was full of stuff for former tenants. I called her, then saw George W. across the street and asked if he'd throw out or forward the mail. Didn't get lunch until I got home about 3, then had a turkey breast sandwich and icy glass of beer--yum! Pat got back from the bay about 4:30; I wasn't hungry for dinner, so just gave him leftovers from the shower on Saturday.
Mike called last night from Jeannie's in Jacksonville where he's staying over. He met with the contractor doing his house down there, and was satisfied with the work. He flies back to NYC at 5 today, then to Singapore from there.
I've been pursuing information from a letter brother Jim shared with me, written by our uncle to our father (don't I sound pious?) in 1938. It mentions selling big stones from the Roxborough farm for a WPA rock garden at a school. Will elaborate in a later entry when I find out more.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...