Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Pat and I took his car to the Ford place for the recall repair. Other than that, just putzed around all day. I called Bill and Regina and found they're not able to go to the St. James Reunion on August 27. Called Muckie D. and she does want to go, I'm happy to say, so I'll pick her up. It includes a tour of the school and a barbeque. However, the web site is truly terrible, replete with misspellings, cliches, and--get this--the wrong phone number for the school! I called it four times and got a message that it's been disconnected. Also, it lists graduates, but there are only two hundred or so, and the place has been turning out graduates for 75 years. They've gotta have a few thousand grads, so where are the others? There's only one listed for 1950 and I don't recognize the name, maybe because maiden names don't seem to be included. The "events coordinator" I've spoken to seems a nice enough guy, but is a volunteer and, I guess, has plenty to do with his working and personal life. Well, am still looking forward to a good old St. James function.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...