Wednesday, March 29, 2006

We saw the mean-hearted, sarcastic primary doctor at Fort Dix yesterday, and finally--I hope--got the damn medications straightened out. Pat goes back next week to see the nurse about his blood sugar, then in a month, back to the n-h, s. doctor. He also has appointments within a few weeks with the pulmonologist (?),cardiologist, podiatrist, and kidney doctor, some in Philly, some at Fort Dix. I'll take him to all of them--not only do I not mind, I actually look forward to it just to get away from the house.
The visiting nurse and physical therapist are coming today, so I hope there'll be some kind of help. Pat had a bad night last night and this morning, fell asleep in the living room after having his nebulizer treatment. He's now checking his sugar.
Yesterday, lovely friends Frank and Barbara from next door stopped in. Pat was taking a nap, but they asked if they could bring over a pasta dinner for us. Hey, they didn't have to ask twice, and I invited them to come with it, all with the understanding, of course, that if Pat didn't feel up to it, the invitation was regretfully rescinded.
Well, he did feel up to it, and F. and B. came with a lovely dinner in an old-fashioned market basket: pasta boulenese, salad, wholemade bread, a lovely bottle of wine (pinot grigio, but pink), and pound cake and truffles for dessert. We supplied only soda, and the tableware--what a nice time we had!
Lots of calls yesterday, my brothers, Jim and Frank, sister Betty, and Pat's brother, Bill, as well as daughter Alison, friend Dennis, and son Patrick, who has called every day since Pat went in the hospital.
I told Susan I didn't want to go to exercise, as I don't want to leave Pat alone. Hope I can resume before too long.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...