Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Taking Pat to his own doctor today, to try to get his medication confusion cleared up. Visiting nurse rep was nice, but I wasn't entirely happy with her assessment: The entire time she was here, Pat was sitting down and had the oxygen on. She asked him to walk a few feet, then said, "Oh, that was good--you did it in 15 seconds. If it's over 30, we're concerned." She then commented, as if surprised, "You're out of breath." Well, duh! Anyway, she thinks he doesn't need a physical therapist (but she said she'd have one come in for an assessment), nor a home health aide. Pat assured her she was right, yet he hadn't taken a shower by himself for a full month. He did today, and could barely manage. I took his socks off, dried his back, and mostly dressed him, but when I mentioned he was entitled to a home health aide, he said he didn't want one.
Jimmy and Frank both called today, and yesterday Jack B. came in for a visit. The day before, Monday, Donna came to bring a nebulizer.
I have a stomach ache myself, since yesterday. It feels the way my gall bladder flareup did years ago. Hope it goes away.
Will probably have spaghetti and meatballs today.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...