Sunday, March 19, 2006

Well, my eating has been so varied and wild the last few days, it would be funny if it weren't so grotesque. On Friday, St. Patrick's Day, I went up to see Jen and adorable little Joely, we ate at Tootie's, and I had--what else--corned beef and cabbage, plus I'm afraid, wheat bread and butter, and rice pudding with whipped cream (guess I should have refused that). I baby-sat until Joel came home, then we went to the Plum Tree, the other restaurant in town. I wasn't very hungry--no wonder!--and just had soup, plus a few of Joel's mussels. Home about 9 to wine and pretzels, then (sigh) ice cream and gum drops.
Yesterday, went to Seacrest in the morning, then with friends to a terrific excursion at Whitesbog (on the cultivation of blueberries, which used to be wild). Had egg beaters and toast for breakfast, two blueberry muffins at Whitesbog. Went back to see Pat after, chatted with Alison and him, then home to a dinner of sushi (tuna roll). I skipped my wine--just didn't feel like it--but had pretzels, gum drops, and a little ice cream.
That's the bad news. The good news is, I've been following my exercise regime most days. Unfortunately, yesterday, I slept until almost 7, very late for me, so when Susan stopped, wasn't dressed yet, so skipped our walk. I asked her to come today, though, and will definitely go.
WISH I could get back to the WW program. It seems wrong and unfair that civilians find it hard to eat when they're worried and upset, but it just spurs me on! It's so discouraging to think I'm climbing up the scale again--just can't seem to resist overeating at night, in particular--same old story.
However, Pat's doing well and will surely be home in a few days; I'm meeting with the staff person tomorrow to discuss his release.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...