Monday, March 20, 2006

Had lunch with Pat at Seacrest yesterday: beef Burgundy, mashed potatoes, and peas, with a sundae for dessert. Could I have refused the dessert? Of course. Did I? Of course not.
Pat's doing well and, I assume, will be coming home this week. I spent a few hours with him, picked up his laundry, then went to Manahawkin to run some errands.
With pleasure, I accepted Susan's and Walter's invitation and had a delightful dinner of chicken, stuffing, broccoli, and baked sweet potatoes, along with spice cake Susan had made. Of course, we had several glasses of chardonnay, too--very enjoyable.
I just read that having wine before bedtime can make you wakeful, and have resolved to have mine with dinner, instead. I slept through last night and it may well have been because I had had the wine early in the evening. For the past several weeks, I've been waking about midnight, then again at 3 or so in the morning.
Walked with Susan yesterday, and will go to exercise with her today. Am determined to keep up a reasonably vigorous exercise program regardless of how wayward I am with eating.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...