Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Subbed (teaching) the last two days and the experiences weren't total successess. Monday was fifth grade at Bass River School--only 17 kids, but they were somewhat hard to handle. Yesterday started off better at Little Egg Harbor School with 6 kids in a 6th-grade "resource room," which seems to mean some kind of remedial work. It was okay in the morning, but went downhill in the afternoon. I called the sub secretary and told her to take me off the list. May continue to sub at Bass River, but I don't have to work, so may not. The pay is lousy--75 to 78 dollars a day, which works out to less than eleven dollars an hour for very strenuous, not-so-rewarding work.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...