Friday, October 07, 2005

Husband Pat had an unpleasant experience yesterday. Thick mucus, which was yellow, not the usual white. He called his doctor at Ft. Dix, who was pretty casual about it. He dislikes this doctor, his primary physician, but naturally, has never made the slightest attempt to change. Anyway, he has to go there today to see the nurse practictioner about the diabetes, so maybe will try to see doctor. Speaking of the diabetes, the big bowl of ice cream Pat has every night, not to mention all the rest of his out-of-control eating may be part of the problem. Well, I guess I'd rather he dies of the diabetes, rather than the emphysema.
Expecting sister Betty and friend, Muckie, for lunch today. Will serve my usual: several breads, including WW rye and banana bread, turkey breast, wholemade chicken salad (we had roast chicken last night), and a big salad of red-leaf lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, and raspberry vinigrette, plus ice tea and maybe a dessert, if I can think of one.
I've decided to go to the memorial service for my cousin, Alexis, on Monday. It's in Valley Forge, Pa., which will take me about two hours.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...