Thursday, October 20, 2005

Yesterday was my best subbing ever. Of course, there were some conditions that aren't the usual: It was only half-day, there were only eleven kids (one was absent), and the teacher was there the whole time. I was subbing for a teacher who seems to be a kind of floater, so I just helped out a bit. Enjoyed it a lot, but found that Tuckerton pays only $70 a day. That means I made $35, less taxes--ridiculous.
Much as I liked it, I'm afraid it crystallized my decision to quit subbing. Things have changed and I no longer need to work. Also, dealing with children--even the nice, focussed, well-behaved kids at Ms. West's third grade--is a lot of work and can be very stressful. I guess I thought, after all the hassle of getting certification, I should follow through on subbing but, frankly, I think I don't want to do it.
Went for our usual Wednesday night dinner out last night and as ever, greatly enjoyed it. Had a lively discussion about the association and the board, with some disagreement, but it was generally cordial.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...