Thursday, October 06, 2005

After talking to my advisor, daughter Ellen, a third-grade teacher in San Paula, Cal., I feel much better about the subbing experience. I was actually called by Tuckerton School to sub on Monday but, unfortunately, my cousin, Alexis, has died, and I want to go to the funeral.
More about Alexis: She was actually my first cousin once-removed, and here's how that works: Her mother, who was 25 when I was born, was my first cousin on the materal side, so Alexis was "once-removed." (We have a huge extended family.)
Several years ago, Alexis, her husband, Bill, cousins (also first, once removed) Bill and Karen, twin sister, Betty, and I went to Gettysburg for the weekend to search out information on our great- and great-great grandfather, Lawrence, who was in the Pennsylvania calvary. We had a great time and found out all kinds of interesting things about our mutual ancestry.
Alexis was a lovely person. She was tall, with abundant thick blonde hair, a strong face, and a wonderfully calm manner. She was beautiful inside and out.
I had meant to call her many times over the past year or so, and I never did. I am so sorry.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...