Sunday, September 29, 2024

Saturday

It was off to Tuckerton in the early afternoon. It's marked by this native American statue, which I remember well:
At the Tuckerton harbor, I enjoyed the view:
(Dunno if anybody enjoyed the view of me, though.)

Went to the Emporium, where I bought some placemats and woven coasters, then to the  Decoy show. That wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but it was fun to be there. It always includes a dog contest, which is a competition to see which dog is the best in jumping into water and retrieving game. Dogs aren't my cup of tea, either, but I took this pic to show my friend, Noreen, who has three big dogs (AAGH!). Note dog under house roof, dog leaping:

My friend, Vera, who raises pet turtles, would have been horrified to see this sign:
The men in the booth had a big turtle in a cage and here we are:
When I asked one of the guys what they would do with it, he said, "SOUP!"

Today, it's up to Malvern, PA to the pickleball tournament--looking forward. 

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...