Sunday, September 22, 2024

Saturday

In the morning, I did a small color wash, then wrapped K.'s gift of coins and artifacts. Left about 10:30, as I wanted to walk to the P.O. before busing to town. Did so, only to find the postage to Japan would cost $32,75, The things I was sending were only a fraction of that, so I decided to take it home and repackage it, which I did after dinner. I'll trek back to send it off tomorrow.

Bused into town and saw it was booming. It was Art Walk weekend--lots of people and very festive, but the restaurants were crowded, too. I headed to Paradise Pantry, which was jammed inside and out and put in my name for a table for two. Had to wait only about twenty minutes, but it was a beautiful day and I strolled around. I was called, sat down, and Noreen came shortly thereafter.

We both got their yummy grilled turkey and pesto and, this time, I added caramelized onions on mine--oh, mama, was that good! I had their equally good IPA, "Purple Tears," the only place I know that carries it. Noreen and I caught up with each other's goings on, and stayed for more than an hour. I walked her part way to her car, then spent time looking at the various booths. A new (temporary) street mural was in front of the mission: 

And I loved seeing the Irish dancers:
There were even three boys in the group:

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥
I've been thinking about hiring a gardener to clean up my patio and when I saw this in front of the post office, I thought wow--who better???
💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...