Saturday, September 21, 2024

Friday

Went up 1.8 at home and 2.2 at T.O.P.S. to 127.4 and 128, respectively. I'm not concerned, as I regularly fluctuate and I'm still within my comfort zone of 125 to 130. Last week, Lennie had asked me to conduct the meeting, as she's gone to North Dakota to help her brother campaign for governor:

Merrill Piepkorn (born 1949)[1] is an American entertainer and politician who has served in the North Dakota Senate from the 44th district since 2016. He is a member of the Democratic Party. Piepkorn is a candidate in the 2024 North Dakota gubernatorial election. He has also hosted radio shows on Prairie Public Radio and served as the public address announcer for the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks.

Interesting that he's also a singer and harmonica player, but that's North Dakota, I guess. Unfortunately, I also looked up the ND polls and Piepkorn is far behind the GOP candidate. 

Anyway, the meeting went okay, although Sharon was on one of her usual talkathons. I'm able to limit her a bit so others can get a word in, but it isn't easy. She and I, Cheryl and Bev were the only attendees, as Lora was up in Prescott inspecting her new house being built. 

I kept the session reasonably short and was home by 10:00. Had breakfast, made and packed lunch, and walked the overpass to meet Diane for our lib lunch at noon. We had a good, long session--yes, we talk a lot, too, but both of us do and we enjoy each other. 

Got home at 3:00 and did nothing until 5:30 but sit and watch Frasier (one of these days, I'll get off that kick, but I don't know when). Diane had given me a small  packaged Italian meal, which I had for dinner. Called Noreen after and asked if she was available for lunch today. She was and we'll meet at the Paradise Pantry in town. 

Son Mike is in Sri Lanka again and posted that he had had barracuda for dinner. Actually, it looks pretty good:

It was a partly outdoor restaurant and he also posted the picture below of this very weird-looking  animal. Could it possibly be a domestic tabby?

YOWL  !

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...