Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Monday

Stripped the bed, washed the linens, and remade when I got up. Continued packing and hauling things out that I had forgotten earlier. I then spent more than an hour continuing to ferret out info on the owners of Jim's apartment complex. I looked here and there on line, then called the Ventura assessor's office. Finally got some more info (it's an LLC), including where the owners live (up in the pricey hills) but was unable to get a phone number or email.  

I then set out for the post office with the gift for Mr. K. that I had re-packed--incredibly, postage was still thirty-two dollars and change. At that, I gave up and just paid it. 

On my way to the P.O. I met Vickie coming out; she 'll be picking me up any minute and driving me to the Sheraton, where I get the Airporter to LAX. Stopped at Von's on my way back for rolls, as I had put my loaf of bread in the freezer. Crossing the middle of the complex on my way home, I saw Lorraine sitting at a table studying her bible. I had intended to have my lunch out there, anyway, so made and packed it (naturally adding a can of hazy IPA), and joined her. She's a little whiffty, but not a bad sort, and we chatted happily. Got home about 3:00, then again dove into year 5, episode something of my addiction, Frasier.  

Did two loads of wash, showered and washed my hair. Vickie called to suggest we leave earlier than planned--she'll be here at about 5:45, which I was glad to hear, being a chronic worrier about being late. Changed my phone alarm to wake me at 4:30...

...and now I'm up. I poured my coffee, emptied the dishwasher, zipped up my suitcases (I always overpack), and now I'm signing off. God's country, here I come! 

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...