Thursday, June 08, 2023

Wednesday

Happily, the BCNN thing went pretty well. Rosa and Susan, who performed, were there early and so was I. I had been concerned about the acoustics, but it worked out fine. They stood together at the podium and just alternated at the mike. They aren't, of course, trained actors. I had emphasized the importance of rapid back-and-forth in this comedic skit, but Susan, in particular, spoke too slowly. However, there were a lot of laughs and generally speaking, it was good. 

As president, Dusty reminded the group that July is dark--we don't meet again until August. Later, she called me to ask how I thought it went; quite well, I assured her. I'm thinking of offering to have a similar little skit, with three other members performing, at the next two meetings. My little Acting for Amateurs part was, of course, in addition to the listed speaker, who was "Frank, the Bird Guy." He gave a terrific talk, with slides, on the 489 species of birds in Ventura. What? That many? Yep, but he covered only about twenty--very interesting to hear of their coloration, feeding habits, and so on.  

Later, Dusty called me to ask how I thought it went--well, I said. She's in A. for A., too, and we'll  have our last session on Monday.  The day before, Sunday, I'll be over at Fractured Actors to audition--if, that is, there are any parts for me.

On the way home, Julie asked if I wanted to stop at the Wednesday farmers' market outside the mall. Yes, indeed, and I got a type of summer squash (not zucchini, which isn't a favorite of mine), a bunch of slender young carrots, a yam, and a cauliflower. 


I was pleased to get a call from niece Carolyn, and we had a good talk. She is a grantwriter and is now in negotiations with a new prospective client. She has two others, including a high school for the visual arts, which you may or may not retain. 

I forgot to mention in yesterday's entry that after I had trekked to Office Depot for ink, inserted it, and tried to print, it wouldn't. Furious, I called Canon, talked to a techie, and after following various instructions with no luck, was asked to take the ink cartilage out. I did, and to my great embarrassment, I saw I had forgotten to take off the tab that releases the ink. I apologized for my bad temper, of course. Hmm...reminds me of somebody I know who thought a screen was dark, but oops--sunglasses...  😄

Darn, I've fallen into a sleep pattern I don't want: I just got up at 4:20, which is okay if I sleep through, but I didn't. As has been happening lately, I woke up at two something for the usual, then couldn't get back. I'll try a few things to get back to all-nighters.  

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...