Monday, June 26, 2023

Sunday And On Stage Again

Early on, Suzanne stopped in with the foot massager her niece gave her for Christmas. She really doesn't want it and asked if  my friend, Diane, who has neuropathy, might be able to use it. I'll send her the pic ask her via email. 

I invited Suzanne to stay for lunch, saying--and it's the honest truth--that since Jim was coming and he's so uncommunicative, it would be doing me a favor. She did come and it helped the conversational equilibrium to have a third person.  \

After, Jim dropped me at the transit center and I took the 11 bus to the read-through. I was very early and had to wait outside for a time, but that was okay, as I met a terrific young woman named Natalie. She found Fractured Actors on Facebook and is interested in helping; had a good time talking to her. Jeff came out and opened up and, soon, the others came.

It was so good to see my tribe and there were lots of hugs and kisses, of course. I was surprised and pleased to see a number of new people, too--they really rev up the ensemble. There were a variety of ages and even ethnic backgrounds: Two young Black women included. I introduced myself to Jasmine and liked her a lot. There were also some men I hadn't known before, several of whom were so good. 

Anyway, we provided the audiences for each other at the first meeting and run-through. We were seated on the stage on chairs and, of course, are reading at this point. There were no problems with blocking or memory failures, or wooden performances--they'll come later, as they always do, but will be remedied. Our play, After All This Time, which Jeff wrote, went well. My and Ken's miniscule parts, which end the play, went over big--very touching. 

I took a quick pic of one of the other three: How To Create A Flop:

                                            

Several were missing last night, including Anthony, the professional, who's currently in a commercial, and Ben, the one who walked from here to Georgia for animal rights.    

Jeff, who's very efficient about all the minutia that surrounds production, emailed a rehearsal schedule, plus an cast list. I already put my script in a binder and will add them. Several players were missing last night, including Anthony, the professional, who's currently in a commercial, and Ben, the one who walked from here to Georgia for animal rights, but it was the first go-round and there will be plenty of others. 

We have rehearsal tonight from 7:00 to 9:30. That's really late for me and I certainly won't get to bed until 11:00 or after. I had told Suzanne I'd go with her to WinCo tomorrow; hope I'm not too draggy.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Are they Fractured Actors due to breaking their legs so many times?

Mimi said...

Ha--good one, Pat!

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...