Friday, June 02, 2023

Thursday

Virtuous me, I spent almost the entire day filing, calling OTC with my order for this quarter, reading over Joan's book, and handling other stuff I had neglected too long. Before I started those chores, I got out my trusty Chop Wizard and chopped three pounds of onions; put some in the freezer and the others in the fridge for the stir-fry I made later.

I did have some pleasant interludes; Suzanne showed me some of her pics of her Canada trip and--this was very enjoyable--we met our new neighbor (will live over Suzanne).  He seems a very nice guy, out-going and friendly.  Name is Mike, wife is Lisa, he's from upstate New York; I guess he's about in his early fifties. He said he has a five-year contract with an avocado company and asked us if we liked avocados--hey, this is going to be the neighbor from heaven!

Suzanne invited Vickie and me for one of our social sessions on Saturday at 5:00; looking forward to it. As for my invitation to Jim to attend the affair at The Townehomes next Thursday, he said he couldn't make it--not sure why. I emailed Diane, asked her, and yes sir, she wants to go--good.

After my labors, I called Muckie and we had a good long talk. It was great to hear the cancer hasn't progressed--may even has shrunk slightly--and she's as upbeat as ever. We hashed over--of course--old times at HS High, the good, the bad, and the ludicrous. 

In reading over Joan's book, I noted she wrote that my father was the only one in his family of eight who had attended college. I was pretty sure that wasn't the case, so I called my cousin, Marifran, and she confirmed that yes, her Dad and my uncle had also been an engineer and had graduated from college. We then had a long talk about--what else?--our shared heritage, the good, the bad, and the--hmm, I don't want to go there.

My patio last night; I'm enchanted with the solar lights; think I'll add some more. Notice the bird seed and water--I love to see the little birdies at my place. 

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Can't think of a word for your patio...enchanting, pretty, serene, ...I just like it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Pat--so do I.

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...