Friday, May 19, 2023

Thursday

If I wake up early (as I always do), I like to stay in bed until 5:00, but yesterday, I got up at 4:30. Had breakfast early, too--at 7:15, instead of my usual 8:00. After that, I spent a solid three hours on planning, assembling, writing, and otherwise getting my next Acting for Amateurs meet ready. First, I'll see if all in the group can meet another day, as the gathering room won't be available, dammit. I really don't want to meet at Joan's: for one thing, the  buses and Access Van don't run that day, so somebody would have to take me; for another, I don't want to drag over all the parapheniala my program requires; moreover, I need to set up the space the way I want it and I can hardly do that at Joan's. 

This Monday, I'm going to go over the assigned "homework" and use the easel to write down what the group contributes about how plays and players convince us to suspend our disbelief and think we we see is actually happening. After that, I'm going to distribute copies of The Potato Family and Hell On Wheels which I will have assigned to particular members. I'll have them read them over for fifteen or so, run over them with others, then perform for the group. It's going to be tough to fit that into an hour, but maybe I'll extend.

I had just finished when Suzanne came over to give me her key for the mail, her sister's number in case of an emergency, and a bag for her mail. She also asked if I'd water her patio (she has a hose, lucky her) and can cut and take her roses that are beautifully blooming. She leaves today and will meet Sister Beatrice in Canada.

After that, I took my cart and bused to town. On Wednesday, I had stopped into The Coalition and seen loose leaf binders I want to give my group for their scripts. Bought five, as I have others at home.

Ellen called on her way home and we had a good long talk. She told me about the trials and triumphs of teaching a third-grade class, especially during the state-mandated tests. T.O.P.S. today and I know I'm up--been going out an noshing on cheddar fish too much.    

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...