Sunday, May 28, 2023

Saturday: Sun And A Sister

I finally got some long-deferred chores done, including three loads of wash. They weren't all clothes; since I have a washer and dryer in my apartment, I never let wash pile up. I first washed bedclothes, re-made the bed, then put in the bath rugs and mats; finally, I washed a light load of clothes. In with them, I put the bath mat.

Oh, isn't that just a fascinating chronicle of my glamorous life? Yes, and there's more!

I vacuumed the living room, then used the Bona method, as usual, to dust and mop, the hard floors. This is a chore I greatly dislike, but it's not really that tough and, considering the size of my place, is finished in twenty or so.

Went over to Von's for bread and lunchmeat, as I'm meeting Diane for lunch today.  I had thought I'd bus into town, but I just didn't feel like it, so took a short walk. Putzed around here, instead; cleaned the bathroom and roasted my big cauliflower with the mayo/parm spread I really like. Salmon for dinner, then just hung out. I think I'll see if Noreen can go to lunch tomorrow, as no buses are running. Either that or I'll invite Jim for lunch; dunno. 

Son Mike videoed me after dinner (morning in Singapore for him) and we chatted. He said Paula and Violet were out bike-riding and that Vivian likes Frank Sinatra, just as her grandfather did. He and I saw him at Atlantic City Convention Hall--probably one of his last--although I much preferred Nat K.C. and Johnny Mathis. 

Although the sun finally broke through--we've been going through May gray and I hope it won't be followed by June gloom--aside from Von's, I didn't go out much. Will today, I'm happy to say, and I fervently want the sun to stay. (Plus, she's a poet--oh, Mmi, shut it!)

I did a jigsaw of this fascinating picture, colorized by Sergery Rauzin, of a Sister during the civil war. That face! What could her life have possibly been like?


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...