Monday, May 15, 2023

Sunday: So Good

Good new: My problem and heartache of the other day was resolved and I am so relieved. I changed the bed and did two loads of wash before the Access Van picked me up and got me to Ellen's at noon. She and I then sat in the glorious sunshine in her yard with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres while Greg made the yummy lunch of salad with a dressing of his own making and roasted chicken, onions, sweet peppers, and tomatoes:

We ate, I opened presents, then we watched part of an Indian movie, called The Stranger, and greatly enjoyed it. After that, we went to Bart's Books and as ever, browsed for an hour or so. I bought two--a chronicle of child psychopaths (yeah, I like that kind of thing) and The Deserter's Tale, by a former U.S. combatant in Iraq who--well, deserted. So far, I've only dipped into it here and there and from that, can see he just didn't want to participate in the slaughter. Greg put my easel together fairly easily; I would still be puzzling over it. 

I wish we had gotten a pic of the three of us, but forgot; here are El and the old--old as the freakin' hills, damnit!--lady:

I also took one of El and either Gwennie or Cissy (I can never tell) cuddling. Some would be grossed out by cat-on-the-table, but I'm not. There are too many things to worry about in life and that's not one with top priority in my book.
After Bart's Books, it was back to Ellen's until the Access Van came to pick me up. I've had this driver before--Tommy and he's a doll--in his late twenties, blond, handsome, and very personable. We chatted all the way home and Tommy told me about his new Alaskan husky ("Ghost," a cute name for a dog) and that he and his boyfriend had just separated; it was a hard breakup and I commiserated. While we were driving, Mike PMed me to say Happy Mothers Day; it was Monday morning there and he was taking his before-work walk.

Home at 6:30, then a shower, then Netflix for an hour, then beddy-bye.  

Note: I have NO IDEA why the print size varies. I must have done something, but don't know what and am going to leave it.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...