Wednesday, November 14, 2018

YAY!

I PASSED, I PASSED, I GOT MY LICENSE BACK--YAY!
After my walk and breakfast, I did a lot of paperwork, then made arrangements for the shuttle to take me to and from LAX. I called to ask if they'd take me to my hotel tomorrow, instead, but annoyingly, they said no. I called the hotel to see if I could ride back on their LAX shuttle, but no--damn! Well, it's only a mile and a half away, so guess I'll just get a cab. Getting back from the Sheraton when I return is more problematic. My plane doesn't get in until 8:07 pm, which means I have to take the 9:45 shuttle, so I won't be back until close to midnight. I'll work on that.
Niece Joan from NY called, concerned about the new outbreak  of fires, but they aren't near here and we had a nice chat. Betty called for the same reason and we talked.
Gordon took me to the DMV and I didn't have to wait at all. The young woman who had me drive was brisk and businesslike, but that was fine by me; I wasn't there to socialize. She had me drive for about a half hour, in different areas of Ventura and even on the freeway.* I was nervous, but happy day, I made it through.
Home just for lunch, then I took off for town--on the bus, of course, which will continue to be my usual mode of transportation for everyday excursions. Took a book back to the library, walked Main, then left earlier than usual--about 3:30--because I wanted to get some things at Wal-Mart. I actually drove my car there and it felt great to be behind the wheel!
* I rarely drive the freeway, so I was a little tense about it, but came out okay.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

On the road again..i.e driving...that's our Rosemary. Happy for you.

The visual test eBlogger makes me take before I can post a comment makes me a bit uneasy. Did I click (see) all the pictures with bicycles etc? They do to this to make sure I'm not a robot. grrrr.

Mimi said...

Pat, I had no idea about the test. When I answer a comment, that doesn't happen. Odd.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...